Anglian Job Search Vacancy: Job ID 1276
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: 22 March 2012
Status: Full time
Internal job ref: A5637
Anglian Manufacturing is a thriving division of the Anglian Group, the UK's premier home improvement company with an annual turnover in excess of c£225m and over 40 years of continual success to its name. With four major manufacturing facilities and a 700 strong workforce, we enjoy a unique Total Manufacturing Capability which enables us to achieve the highest level of product accrediatation in our sector.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Stock outs are measured by order fulfilment.
- Stock holding measured by stock turns
- Stock accuracy measured by stock adjustments
- On time in full deliveries O.T.I.F.
- Ensure all parts and materials are available at the time of requirement.
- Maintain inventory levels to meet planned demand eliminating excessive stock holding.
- Ensure inventory accuracy and identify cause of stock variances.
- Compliance to core procedures as defined in the department manual.
- Third Party ordering/procurement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Materials Management at the designated factory location.
- Report/expedite overdue orders and inter departmental transfers.
- Identify and resolve potential work order shortages.
- Ensure all Goods In are correct to transfer or delivery note.
- Ensure receipts from external suppliers are recorded on computer system and forward delivery notes onto the Purchasing Department
- Ensure goods in are correctly identified with Anglian Part Numbers (re-labelling items as required) and put away into the correct locations.
- Ensure inventory is available at line side at the time of requirement to complete scheduled production.
- Ensure the supply of production related consumable items is controlled to the Shop Floor.
- Ensure all inventory transactions are correctly recorded onto the computer system.
- Coordinate cycle counts (half year and year end counts).
- Where required, assist with data collection, performance monitoring and establishment of key performance indicators.
- Provide Supply Chain and Materials Management expertise to improve supply chain efficiency.
- Initiate/participate in Continuous Improvement projects related to achieving organisational objectives.
- Complete necessary process for external purchases. Gain quotes for competitive pricing, requisition details and order chasing.
- Abide by all statutory requirements including those relating to health and safety.
- Understand and fulfil your responsibilities under the Company’s equal opportunities policy in place from time to time.
- Adhere to and promote all company policies and procedures in place from time to time including those relating to HR and health and safety.
Full Driving License
A minimum of GCSE grade A-C (or equivalent) in Maths.
Formal qualification/ NVQ or equivalent in either: Supply Chain Management/ Logistics/Inventory Control/Procurement /Materials Management |
Previous experience in Supply Chain Management /Inventory control/Materials Management or Procurement.
Inventory Control or Materials Management in a manufacturing environment
Experienced in the manufacture of windows and doors. |
Knowledge of Supply Chains, Material Requirements Planning methodologies or “Lean Manufacturing” techniques.
Knowledge of window fabrication |
Strong analytical problem solving skills.
High level of numeracy skills
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Good IT literacy skills, e.g. Microsoft office
Good knowledge of ERP data systems |
Proactive and professional approach.
Work on own initiative.
Highly motivated with a sense of urgency.
Ability to plan and organise work loads and manage a number of priorities at the same time.
Ability to identify, define and resolve problems.
Articulate with good interpersonal and communications skills.